- LEISURE: Revolting Children! Go and watch Matilda the Musical!
- LEISURE: Earth Hour 2016 in Chard
- LEISURE: Party Night to celebrate Westland Leisure Complex
- LEISURE: Yeovil Country Park art work to go on display
- LEISURE: Ilminster Literary Festival 2016
- LEISURE: Raising the roof of Sherborne Abbey to raise funds for Yeovil Hospital
- LEISURE: Party on the Park for Ilminster
- LEISURE: Inflatable fun day is postponed
- SUMMER FETE: Lots of fun at Birchfield Hall with Motiv8
- SUMMER FETE: Motiv8 Productions hold fundraising fete
- LIVE THEATRE: Info evening and auditions for Starlight Express
- LIVE THEATRE: Auditions for Starlight Express
- THEATRE WORKSHOPS: Summer school projects on stage
- LIVE MUSIC: Last Night of the Proms at the Octagon Theatre
- OUT AND ABOUT: Family fun day at Ferne Animal Sanctuary
Wild West Beer and Cider Festival
YE-HA! The Brewers Arms at South Petherton is gun-toting and ready to go with its Wild West Beer and Cider Festival.
There will be plenty of Wild West themed activities, fun and games over the Bank Holiday Weekend starting from today (Friday, August 23) through to Monday, August 26.
There will be more than 20 real ales, ciders, food and entertainment. Some of the tipples available will be aptly-named such as Sheriff’s Tipple, Indian’s Head, Gravedigger’s Ale, Gunhill, Jesse James, Gunslinger, True Grit, Fools Gold and Gold Rush.
The Festival bar will open at 11.30am this morning (Friday, August 23) and there will be a happy hour at the bar from 4pm to 6pm, while there will be some Wild West Specials inside in the Brewers’ restaurant and bar.
There will be live music tonight (Friday) from 9.30pm with Ian Kenna, plus a late evening barbecue.
The festival will be open all day on Saturday (August 24) from 11.30am and people will be able to try the Brewers Bucking Bronco in the beer garden from 7pm to 11pm – with a prize for the winner.
There will also be an evening disco with Rawhide Ryan from 9.30pm as well as the late evening barbecue refreshments.
And then comes the main event on Sunday (August 25) when the festival will be open from High Noon and there will be a Wild West Hog Roast from 1pm.
Among the activities for the day will be maggot racing from 1pm, a yard of ale competition from 3.30pm and a Wagon Wheel Challenge from 4pm.
There will be live music with John Ramon from 9.30pm, as well as the late evening barbecue.
Finally, on Monday (August 26) the Brewers Arms will be open all day from 11.30am with Wild West games from 2pm such as Lasso Challenge and Tin Can Alley.
There will be an afternoon barbecue from 4pm to 6pm.
The Brewers Arms have said that food will be available in the bar and restaurant as normal from 12noon to 2.15pm and from 6pm to 9pm.
Festival-goers have been invited to go along in suitable Wild West costume.
PHOTOS: The Brewers Arms can be found at 18 St James Street in South Petherton. Postcode TA13 5BW. Phone 01460-241887.